Oorspronkelijk ontwikkeld door Acoustiblok voor geluidsisolatie in de offshore zoals olieplatforms. Het Acoustifence ® heeft daar haar geluidsreducerende eigenschappen bewezen. In de USA veelvuldig gebruikt in de industrie, snelwegen, bouwplaatsen, spoorlijnen en zelfs hondenkennels. Het is nu ook beschikbaar voor huishoudelijke toepassing. Het is een eenvoudige en voordelige eerste stap in de geluidsreductie dat aanzienlijke verbetering kan geven in het verhogen van uw privacy!
The Acoustifence® is a unique 1/8th inch, 6" x 30" (3mm x 1.83m x 9.14m) heavy mineral filled visco elastic acoustical material. Longer lengths are available. It is made in the U. S. A. and, unlike fences or shrubs, this material does extraordinarily well in not only blocking direct sound, but also has a tendency to reduce sound from reflecting off it. This occurs as the flexible heavy mass Acoustiblok® material actually vibrates from sound, transforming some of it into inaudible trace amounts of heat (sheet lead works in the same manner). Considering that the ideal sound reducing construction is heavy, limp and air tight, the 1 lb. per sq. ft. flexible Acoustifence® can be an excellent first step in reducing your noise level. It has acoustical properties that provide a lab-certified STC (sound transmission classification) of 28. While a 28 dB reduction represents a decrease of 85% to the human ear, this will be very relevant to surrounding objects from which sound will reflect over or around your fence.
While the indoor Acoustiblok® material is used and recognized throughout the world, even winning awards in the British House of Commons, the new Acoustifence® material is extremely strong and engineered to withstand outdoor construction sites, highway environments, and even offshore oil rigs. Full exposure to dirt, grease, oil, mold or even being driven over is not a problem for the Acoustifence®.
Having black anodized brass eyelets every 6 inches on the top edge and some on the bottom, allows easy hanging or attaching of the fence to just about anything. Heavy duty nylon wire ties are supplied with the fence and stainless wire ties are available at additional cost. Multi-level construction projects can easily overlap multiple Acoustifences attached to scaffolding to achieve many floors of vertical height sound blockage.
To help you with your expectations, consider your noise source as a light bulb in a totally black night. The fence will block direct light (the majority) from reaching you, but any surrounding higher structures or trees will allow some lesser reflections to reach you. Sound acts in virtually the same way, therefore, the more barriers between you and the source the better.
"Sound Abatement" is a reduction in noise as nothing is "sound proof." As such, we encourage you to consult with us for maximum sound reduction applications. Should you need advanced acoustical mapping we do provide such using the finest calibrated Norsonic test eq in conjunction with the state of the art CadnaA acoustical prediction software. This is, of course, rather expensive, but provides very accurate estimates. A big step up from the Acoustifence® is our All Weather Sound Panels® which block more and absorb (non-reflecting) virtually all sound striking them. Feel free to call or email us with your noise problem.
Performance is relative to your installation and the following:
- Sealing of any gaps or joints in the fence including any gaps at the bottom
- Your particular position relevant to the position of all other objects which may reflect some non-direct sound over or around your fence. (termed flanking)
- The specific frequencies of the noise, as some are reduced more than others
- The wind will have some effect also.
"Residential neighbors next to our restaurant had complained about the noise coming from our outdoor patio, and we purchased three Acoustifences to block out the music and the noise in general. The neighbors seem much happier now, and we can keep our customers happy with music outdoors. Acoustifence® is definitely something we would recommend to Residential customers as well as Commercial customers."
Celine G. Chick
Number of people: 2
Time required: 20/30 min.
Items: Utility Knife, Pliers, 70 ea. 120 lb nylon wire ties included with purchase.
Stainless steel ties available for additional cost (recommended).
- Cut and remove the plastic wrap around the roll.
- Lean the roll against the fence as vertical as possible with the grommet edge to the top. Line up the top of the roll to the top of the fence or at the desired height.
- Begin unrolling the Acoustifence material along the fence. Have one person slowly unroll the material while the second person inserts the ties in each grommet as the material is unrolled. Insure that the material is kept taught as you install the wire ties to prevent it from sagging.
- Remove the tape and roll core.
- Pull each cable tie so that the Acoustifence is properly lined up at the desired height. DO NOT make the cable tie tight! It must be loose enough to allow the eyelet to pivot freely. Try to distribute weight equally.
- Do not trim off end of cable tie until you are sure weight is distributed equally.